Cheap property insurance N.I.

Compare leading insurers

Our cheapest N.I. quotes in under 3 minutes

Friendly N.I. based team

Insurance you can trust

FCA Authorised and Regulated

Apricot, and all the insurers on our panel, are fully FCA authorised and regulated.

Friendly UK Customer Service

Our friendly UK team has over 35 years combined experience in car insurance.

Online Quotes

Get a quote online in minutes. Buy online or over the phone.

Policies to Suit Your Needs

Add options such as legal expenses cover, breakdown cover, etc.

Protected by FSCS

All policies are covered by the Financial Services Compensation Scheme for your peace of mind.

Proud BIBA Members

Established members of the British Insurance Brokers Association.

Property insurance N.I.

If you’ve landed on this page, we assume you are looking to insure your own home. If, in fact, you rent out the property or properties, then please visit our landlord insurance page

For home insurance, click below to get an online quote in minutes, or give us a call and speak to our friendly, highly experienced Belfast team. Apricot is dedicated to finding you quality home insurance cover at a great price. We work with multiple leading insurers to make it more likely we can get you a great quote! 

Home Insurance

Get covered online in 3 easy steps

Do a quick quote online

Pick a price and insurer

Get covered!

What our customers say about Apricot Insurance

Property insurance NI

If you’re looking for property insurance in Northern Ireland (whether for a house or a flat), Apricot Insurance have help on hand by comparing deals from leading insurance providers. Our team of experts will ensure that you have the right level of cover that suits you.

Is property insurance a legal requirement in Northern Ireland?

No, it’s not a legal requirement to have home insurance. However, many mortgage providers will want to see evidence of a policy before they offer a loan. Even if you don’t need a mortgage, it’s important to think about what you’d do in the event of an accident or theft.

What type of cover should I get in Northern Ireland?

The type of cover you buy is a personal decision. However, the majority of homeowners purchase buildings and contents insurance NI. Buying them in tandem can work out cheaper.

Are there any policy add-ons for property insurance in NI?

Yes, as with any type of insurance policy, there are always extras you can add on. This includes cover for storms, vandalism, riots, earthquakes and fires. If you use your property for business purposes, you’ll also need commercial insurance or specialist business insurance.

What is a property insurance excess? 

Excess (compulsory and voluntary) is the amount that you would have to pay to the provider in the event of a claim before any pay-out is made. Increasing your voluntary may lower your premium.

Does property insurance provide cover if I want to let out my property in NI?

No, all landlords are required to get additional landlords’ insurance. This will ensure that the property is protected as well as the landlord him/herself for things like loss of rent.

Does a policy protect against general wear and tear?

No, standard property insurance does not cover wear and tear. It’s designed to cover against accidents, damage and unexpected losses.

How much should I insure my contents for?

If you want to protect your belongings from accidental damage, theft or loss, you’ll need to take out a separate contents insurance policy. At Apricot Insurance, we work with the UK’s leading insurance companies to find you cheap property insurance in NI.