Cheap household insurance N.I.

Compare leading insurers

Our cheapest N.I. quotes in under 3 minutes

Friendly N.I. based team

Insurance you can trust

FCA Authorised and Regulated

Apricot, and all the insurers on our panel, are fully FCA authorised and regulated.

Friendly UK Customer Service

Our friendly UK team has over 35 years combined experience in car insurance.

Online Quotes

Get a quote online in minutes. Buy online or over the phone.

Policies to Suit Your Needs

Add options such as legal expenses cover, breakdown cover, etc.

Protected by FSCS

All policies are covered by the Financial Services Compensation Scheme for your peace of mind.

Proud BIBA Members

Established members of the British Insurance Brokers Association.

Household insurance N.I.

Household insurance NI usually includes one of both of the following elements. Contents insurance protects the possessions in your home, while building insurance protects the fabric of your building. If the unexpected happens, you can turn to your household insurance if, for example, fire, flood or theft occurs. Let Apricot take the hard work out of finding your insurance. All you need to do is fill in an online form to tell us about yourself and your property, and we’ll provide instant prices online.

Home Insurance

Get covered online in 3 easy steps

Do a quick quote online

Pick a price and insurer

Get covered!

What our customers say about Apricot Insurance

Household insurance NI

Ensuring you are best protected with a policy you can afford can be challenging. At Apricot Insurance, we have over 35 years of experience in Northern Ireland and know how to get you a house insurance NI quote you can both afford and rely on.

What is a household insurance policy?

Home insurance is there to safeguard your home and/or its contents against theft or damage (fire or flood damage).

What does it cover?

There are three variations of home insurance cover:

  • Home and contents insurance – this covers your house and belongings against loss or damage in event of fire, theft, or storm (flood damage). Accidental damage can be added
  • Home insurance – covers your house and other structures
  • Contents insurance NI – covers your belongings

Is it cheaper to combine building and contents cover?

Yes, it is generally cheaper to insure building and contents in tandem. Do check with your provider.

Do I really need household insurance?

If you have a mortgage, you are contractually obliged to obtain building insurance NI. It’s up to you to insure your contents.

Is it cheap to buy household insurance in Northern Ireland?

No. A whopping 30% more expensive than the on the mainland. So, you have to be even more savvy when choosing.

Do council tenants in Northern Ireland need household insurance?

Tenants should have contents insurance to protect your possessions from fire, theft, or other damage. You can add accidental damage as an extra.

What could invalidate my household insurance?

Inflating the cost of your valuables, not notifying your insurance company of any changes, taking on a lodger, and using your home as a business, that sort of thing.

Tips on reducing insurance costs

  • You will get a range of prices from NI providers, so do shop around.
  • Getting hold of crime statistics in your area could bring down the cost of your cover.
  • Paying a higher excess can reduce your home insurance premium.

When is the best time to get a new quote?

About a month before is the optimum time and will most likely yield the cheapest offers. At Apricot, we can get you cover at fair price with a good return should you need it.