Get cheap UK car insurance quotes
Policies from under £250*
Better prices for better drivers - we reward your care and attention!
Highly experienced UK advisors
Insurance you can trust
FCA Authorised and Regulated
Apricot, and all the insurers on our panel, are fully FCA authorised and regulated.
Friendly UK Customer Service
Our friendly UK team has over 35 years combined experience in car insurance.
Get a quote online in minutes. Buy online or over the phone.
Policies to Suit Your Needs
Add options such as legal expenses cover, breakdown cover, etc.
Protected by FSCS
All policies are covered by the Financial Services Compensation Scheme for your peace of mind.
Proud BIBA Members
Established members of the British Insurance Brokers Association.
Car Insurance UK
Whether you’re a new or seasoned driver (or even a learner) compare UK car insurance quotes with us. Apricot is a UK broker working with some of the UK’s leading insurers. You can get a quick quote online or call our experienced friendly team. We will search quotes from the insurers we work with to find you a great policy at a great price.
* 7-8% of Apricot car insurance customers over 35 paid less than £250 between June 2020 to June 2021. Different age ranges will be priced differently.
Get covered online in 3 easy steps
Do a quick quote online
Pick a price and insurer
What our customers say about Apricot Insurance
“My household claim was settled promptly and to my total satisfaction, thank you for all your help.”
Lisburn, Northern Ireland
“I have bought my car insurance from Apricot Insurance for the last few years – their staff are always friendly and easy to deal with.”
“I am delighted that you could place my van insurance as I was having difficulty with other brokers. The premium was the best in the market and your attention to detail and friendly approach made it easy for me.”
We offer car insurance for the whole of the UK, including Northern Ireland.
How Can I Get the Cheapest Car Insurance UK?
One of the best ways to keep your car insurance as low as possible is to make sure you shop around. Letting your car insurance auto-renew or going with the first offer could result in paying more for your car insurance.
Using Apricot’s free and easy online comparison service means you can compare quotes from several insurers before settling on the best deal for you.
What is the Cheapest Way to Insure a Car?
As well as shopping around for insurance quotes, there are other ways you can get better deals on your car insurance:
- Paying annually means you’ll avoid any monthly interest fees.
- A higher voluntary excess generally means a lower premium, but remember you’ll have to pay this excess if you make a claim so it’s important to weigh up the savings and risks.
- Avoiding unnecessary extras will also reduce your premium. Extra cover like legal expenses and courtesy cars can be useful, but they also come with a cost.
- Improving car security with overnight parking or car alarms could also reduce your insurance costs.
What are the 3 Major Car Insurance Options?
The three main types of insurance coverage are:
- Fully comprehensive: this covers your car, you and anyone else involved in the accident.
- Third-party: this is the minimum legal requirement and means damage you cause to other people or their property is covered, but you and your car are not.
- Third-party, fire and theft: similar to third-party, but with additional cover if your car is stolen or fire-damaged.
What is the Lowest Insurance Group?
Every car will belong to an insurance group between 1-50. The groups are determined by a range of factors including the car value, repair costs and safety rating. Group 1 is the cheapest insurance group but is also relatively uncommon, with groups 5-15 being more common for a typical city car or hatchback.